Microsoft has completely updated its line of Surface PCs -- and launched its first high-end noise-cancelling headphones, too. The company unveiled a new Surface Pro 6 tablet, Surface Laptop 2 and Surface Studio 2 all-in-one desktop PC at a media event in New York, and surprised with its entry into the world of high-end headphones with the Surface Headphones. It also unveiled a slew of new features for Windows and Office 365.
Microsoft Chief Product Officer Panos Panay said the Surface Pro 6 is 67 percent more powerful than the previous model, 2017's Surface Pro, and will start at $899. The Surface Pro 6 will also start at £879 in the UK and AU$1,349 in Australia.
The Surface Laptop 2 will start at $999. UK and Australia pricing wasn't immediately available, but converts roughly to £770 and AU$1,390.
Both will be available on Oct. 16. As expected, the new models are mostly modest spec refreshes and some new colors, including matte black. Anyone looking for radical redesigns -- or even the addition of USB-C -- will need to wait for 2019, at least.
Here's an overview of the new products.
Surface Pro 6
- Starts at $899 and £879, available Oct. 16
- 8th-gen Intel CPU
- 12.3-inch touch display
- Up to 1TB of SSD storage
- 13.5 hours of battery life
- Weighs 1.7 pounds
- Redesigned thermal system
- Available in black
Surface Laptop 2
- Starts at $999, available Oct. 16
- 8th-gen Intel CPU
- 13.5-inch touch display
- "85 percent faster" than the original Surface Laptop, according to Microsoft
- Alcantara palm rests (same as earlier version)
- Now available in black
- Support for Instant On and Windows Hello
Surface Studio 2
- Starts at $3,499 and AU$5,499. UK pricing isn't immediately available but roughly converts to £2,695.
- 28-inch touch display
- 2TB SSD
- 7th-gen Intel CPU, Nvidia GTX 1070 discrete video
- DCI-P3 (same as earlier version)
- Oxide transistor
- Next-generation Pascal graphics
- 13.5 million pixels
- 192 dpi
- Built-in support for Xbox wireless controllers
Perhaps the biggest surprise of the day was the unveiling of new noise-cancelling headphones. The new Surface Headphones are full-on Bose competitors, with active noise cancellation and a hefty price tag of $350. The headphones will be launched in the US only at first, but the $350 price roughly converts to £270 and AU$485. The key specs, according to Microsoft:
- Weight: 10.2 ounces (290 grams)
- 40mm Free Edge drivers
- Easily adjust volume and noise cancellation levels with new, intuitive on-ear dials
- 13 different ambient sound levels allow you to let in or keep out as much noise as you want
- Compatibility: Windows 10, iOS, Android and MacOS
- Head detection automatically pauses the music or mutes calls when you remove them and restarts them again when you're ready
- Designed with Skype in mind, there are two beamforming microphones on each earcup to focus on the sounds you want to capture for excellent call experiences
- Connect Surface Headphones to your Windows 10 PC right out of the box by enabling Swift Pair
- Up to 15 hours with Bluetooth, Active Noise Cancellation and Cortana on
- Up to 50 hours in wired mode with Bluetooth off and Active Noise Cancellation on
- USB-C charging
- Fast-charging feature gives you an hour of music playback with just 5 minutes of charging (fully charges in less than two hours)
- Cortana is ready to assist when you need with hands-free activation. Ask Cortana to play your favorite song, set a reminder, make a call or get answers to questions
- Carrying case included
- Price: $350 (at launch, the Surface Headphones will only be available in the US)
- Shipping: Later in 2018
Now playing: Watch this: Microsoft Surface Headphones: The surprise noise-canceling...
Additional Windows announcements
Microsoft tucked in some notable news about its ubiquitous operating system, too.
عزيزي الزائر لقد قرأت خبر تم جلبه من موقع CENT Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Surface Headphones: Everything Microsoft just announced - CNET في موقعنا الشامل نيوز | ولقد تم نشر الخبر من موقع CENT وتقع مسئولية صحة الخبر من عدمه على عاتقهم ويمكنك مشاهدة مصدر الخبر الأصلي من الرابط التالي CENT